Pages

June 11, 2010

Google voice and practicing your speaking skills


Because the sound from the google voice is faded by the speaker, you can hear a more clear version of the message if you play the below:

This is what Google voice provides in the embed code, and the following the transcript that Google provided. I think I need to work on my accentuation and specific sounds, such as the final "g" in "blog" which seems to sound as "k". Also this is a new item in Google so I believe it may get better in the transcriptions picking up certain accents.

Transcript

This is a test would call the police. I'm talking from my broker to connect to the phone and leaving a message and then it will hopefully send me an email with the message but I can, but in my block. Let's see how it works.

3 comments:

Laura Lucía Laurenti said...

I consider Google Voice a very nice tool for English teachers who are interested in improving their students' oral skills, mainly pronunciation, and proper intonation.
tI seems very easy to use and motivating. As an ESL teacher I think I will use it with my students. I find it really helpful to better their speaking skills.

Unknown said...

hmmm. looks good, h'ever i wonder if it is available in other countries versions of the big G...

Tecnologia Educativa said...

Others have problems with the accent too. You will see in these sites about google voice pronounciation.

http://www.forvo.com/word/google_voice/

and there is an article about G Voice that helps students learn spanish!
http://www.convergemag.com/edtech/Google-Voice-Helps-Students-Learn-Spanish.html